Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flashback

I am currently fixated with mixing retro fixtures with modern design elements. I have been on the search for classic and retro pieces to fill my minimalist and modern apartment t be. Given the small space available in my new pad, I need to scale down everything, from my furniture to my gadgets.

Enter the iPod. I am a music junkie. I always say life needs a soundtrack. I can't function without music. It goes without saying that I need a music source in the new apartment.
Fortunately for me, sound systems these days are no longer the space hogging stereos of yore. But somehow, I miss the knobs and dials and grills that used to dominate my boom box. Those details actually made music seem more visual, more fun.

So I have been on the search for a nice retro looking iPod dock. I was able to buy one from dimensione, a basic black throwback to the sixties. It would look nice on the shelf, I know, but i couldn't resist this red classic transistor I found on blessthisstuff.com. The red Is just more my style and would add a splash of color in the black and silver theme I am going for. But Alas, unless I figure out a way to ship this groovy red number to MNL, I have no choice but to stick to the basic black I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment